Diabetes is a leading cause of premature mortality, with over 22,000 additional deaths each year. It doubles an individual’s risk of cardiovascular disease and costs over £10 billion every year to manage.
What impact has COVID-19 had on the national plans for diabetes prevention, management and care?
The HSJ Diabetes Virtual Forum will bring together national and local leaders, senior managers, clinicians, industry and the third sector to examine the next steps in ensuring progress is made on national aims, and that the innovations and learning from the pandemic are not lost.
Together, we will assess the response to the pandemic by peers working in diabetes prevention, care and treatment. We will explore how services have adapted, and how you can take forward the learning within your own work to transform outcomes in your area.
register your interest
The health and wellbeing of our attendees, speakers and staff is our top priority at this time. By adopting a virtual event proposition, we are able to continue providing worthwhile interactive content and updates, while staying safe at home and precluding the need for travel.
What to expect
- Free access to high-level strategic content, available to healthcare professionals across the system
- Live video panel discussions, with speakers dialled in remotely, each followed with a live Q&A
- Focused workshop sessions, in video chat rooms, with limited group sizes to enable meaningful conversations
- Access to on-demand content, such as additional pre-recorded sessions and other resources, and 30 days’ post-event platform access to view recordings of live sessions, in case you were pulled away from watching in real-time!
How It Works
- Registering: Complete a registration form, after which you will receive an email with confirmation – please note that the event is for healthcare professionals only and registrations will be reviewed prior to acceptance.
- Gaining Access: Virtual event participants will receive a URL link to the live event platform to access content on the event day. The link can also be used to access on-demand content on the platform, and for a period of time after.
- Logging In: Simply log in prior to the opening remarks, take a moment to familiarise yourself with the platform and get ready for the sessions to begin.
- Technical Support: Our team will be available to you before and during the conference to ensure you are set up and ready to go!
- Platform Compatibility: The platform is accessible via your internet browser and does not require any software to be downloaded. We will share the link in advance to give you ample time to familiarise yourself with the layout and functions.
register your interest